Regular LBA’s management meeting on Wednesday 17 November.
We discussed a range of topics affecting business in the Town:
- Report from Mike Vickers on the Scottish Towns Partnership annual conference. LBA are members of STP. Valuable feedback from the Scottish Government and other Scottish towns on diverse topics such as monitoring footfall, improving digital communications, townscape improvements and other initiatives being used to improve small towns across the country.
- Updates from Councillor Tait on the activities of the Linlithgow High street BID and the Mill Road BID.
- Feedback on the latest discussions within the Community Council including Council Housing Allocation, Edinburgh airport flight paths and air quality issues.
- Updates from Anne Daly on the latest tourism initiatives. No tourism officer at West Lothian Council now so local businesses are working with Fife Council where tourism is given a higher priority.
- Update from Councillor Tait on the latest meeting of the Linlithgow and Linlithgow Bridge Town Management Group. Street lighting at the Canal Basin, pigeon control under railway bridges and refurbishment of the steps at the back of the police station among other issues.
- Discussion on the current activities of the Linlithgow Community Development Trust.
- Pedal for Scotland caused problems through the Town earlier this year. Discussions are already taking place on how it can be better managed next year to minimise disruption for the Town.
- Linlithgow Planning Forum discussed. The Town’s objection to the imposition of the latest Development Plan is now being spearheaded by the Civic Trust.
- The Cross Well refurbishment is complete. Scaffold removed today, Thursday.
- Discussion about the Victoria Hall. Planning consent now granted for flats and shops, but the Victoria Hall Trust is still actively pursuing purchase of the site for use as a community-owned facility.
- New members welcomed including Carol Lawton (Remax) and Gordon Hunter (Flex Fitness).
- Discussed the potential for LBA to recruit an admin assistant.
- Upcoming LBA events include a wine tasting evening with a presentation about new rules on pensions and retirement. Date and venue in the New Year to be confirmed. Keep up with us on the LBA Events page; www.linlithgowbusiness.org.uk
- Local Democracy – Launch Meeting – Monday 21st November – Glasgow – Members of the LBA committee will be attending and will bring feedback.
The next LBA management meeting is on 15 December.