Next LBA get-together 21st March

The next meeting of the Linlithgow Business Association will be at Taste Deli at 7.00pm on Wednesday 21st March.

There will be a presentation about the latest ways to use social media to boost business, followed by a presentation about Taste, some chat about what’s current in the town and general socialising. Plus there will be a free glass of wine for everyone attending – what’s not to like!

If you’re keen to come along please please get in touch so that we can book you a space.

Jon Newey and the LBA team

AGM held 1 Feb 2018

Linlithgow Business Assiociation’s Annual general meeting was held on Thursday 1 Feb 2018

Chair Jon Newey welcomed everyone. JN summarised the history of the LBA from 1982 to the present day. JN described the similarities and differences between the LBA and the more recent business-focussed organisations in the town including Link-up, EH49 Hub, The Traders Forum and the two Business Improvement Districts.

JN gave a brief summary of the LBA’s mission for the coming months:

  • Continuing to share information between businesses about threats and opportunities in the town, promoting the positive aspects of Linlithgow’s business community, brainstorming solutions to some of the town’s difficulties and sharing examples of good business practice.
  • Continuing to put business-like thinking into various non-business organisations that are active in the town.
  • Continuing to check and comment on planning applications in the town, from a business perspective.
  • Continuing to learn from the experience of other similar towns through involvement with Scottish Towns Partnership, BIDs Scotland, Turnaround Towns etc.
  • Arranging social events for members.

Daniel O’Brien from the Federation of Small Businesses gave a short presentation.

Rebecca Holmes gave a short talk about the EH49 Hub. The EH49 Hub and LBA intend to collaborate on various events over the coming year.

The following Office bearers were proposed, seconded and elected by show of hands:

Chair:                      Jon Newey

Vice chair:              Tom Smith

Secretary:               Derek Halden

Treasurer:               David Tait

Events Coordinator: Susan Archibald

Food and social networking followed and new members were welcomed.

Thanks to the Star and Garter for hosting.

Next meeting: To be confirmed.