Linlithgow Business Assiociation’s Annual general meeting was held on Thursday 1 Feb 2018
Chair Jon Newey welcomed everyone. JN summarised the history of the LBA from 1982 to the present day. JN described the similarities and differences between the LBA and the more recent business-focussed organisations in the town including Link-up, EH49 Hub, The Traders Forum and the two Business Improvement Districts.
JN gave a brief summary of the LBA’s mission for the coming months:
- Continuing to share information between businesses about threats and opportunities in the town, promoting the positive aspects of Linlithgow’s business community, brainstorming solutions to some of the town’s difficulties and sharing examples of good business practice.
- Continuing to put business-like thinking into various non-business organisations that are active in the town.
- Continuing to check and comment on planning applications in the town, from a business perspective.
- Continuing to learn from the experience of other similar towns through involvement with Scottish Towns Partnership, BIDs Scotland, Turnaround Towns etc.
- Arranging social events for members.
Daniel O’Brien from the Federation of Small Businesses gave a short presentation.
Rebecca Holmes gave a short talk about the EH49 Hub. The EH49 Hub and LBA intend to collaborate on various events over the coming year.
The following Office bearers were proposed, seconded and elected by show of hands:
Chair: Jon Newey
Vice chair: Tom Smith
Secretary: Derek Halden
Treasurer: David Tait
Events Coordinator: Susan Archibald
Food and social networking followed and new members were welcomed.
Thanks to the Star and Garter for hosting.
Next meeting: To be confirmed.